At EarthCraft Design, we are inspired to create a flooring design to complement your ideal home. We work with all types of residential properties, as well as a range of décor from contemporary and minimalistic to [chic and classical] designs.
Residential Polished Floor Benefits:
* Most cost-effective option compared to conventional floor coverings as there are no added costs for preparation or installation
* Polished floors are extremely durable and do not need to be replaced. It resists stains and normal wear and tear from high levels of traffic or regular use such as bathroom, kitchen and living rooms
* Animal friendly floors that withstand scratches, a floor that could hold its own
* Great for allergy sensitives, as it reduces dust mites and allergens unlike tiles and carpet.
* Imagination is the limit with concrete floors, available in wide variety of colors and designs
Commercial and Retail Polished Floor Benefits:
* Cost savings: Using the existing slab as the finished floor is more cost effective and maintenance costs are lower. Maintenance is easier since all areas are one continuous surface.
* Durability: Its extremely resistant andHigh resistance to foot traffic, it can stand up to the everyday wear and tear of retail or even industrial work spaces.
* Less maintenance and longer service life: Polished floors are easy to clean, requiring only occasional damp mopping or floor maintainers with a neutral based cleaner. They eliminate the need for messy waxes or coatings as well as the expenses involved in applying them.
* Resistant to moisture transmission issues: Polished concrete allows the floor to breathe and eliminates issues that arise with other flooring materials that seal off the concrete, such as Paint, Vinyl tile etc.
* High light reflectivity: Important for facilities that want to project a bright, clean, professional image. Also saves energy by reducing artificial lighting requirements
* Is a sustainable flooring alternative: Concrete floors do not require hazardous coatings, cleaners or adhesives.
* Polished concrete adds an aesthetic value to your business look, there are an endless variety of color and texture effects that can be use to personalized your floors.
* Increased slip resistance, though shiny, polished concrete does not create a slippery floor. In fact, grinding and flattening the floor will increase the coefficient of friction when compared to ordinary concrete. Polished concrete often exceeds OSHA standards for floors (ASTM C 1028)
* Stain-resistant, By densifying and sealing the surface, polished concrete transforms a porous concrete floor into a tightened floor that is dense enough to repel water, oil, and other contaminants, preventing them from penetrating the surface.
More public facilities such as office buildings, stores, restaurants and schools, are using polished concrete to project a bright, clean, professional image.
* No production/plant shutdowns. Polished concrete floors can be put into service immediately after the process is complete. Due to the cleanliness of the process and the lack of toxic or hazardous chemicals, floors can often be serviced while the plant is in full production.
* Furthermore, polished concrete resists the marks of forklift truck tires and staining from oil and chemical spills.
* Because the floor becomes hard and durable, it can resist spills (liquids, chemicals, oils), heavy weights (forklift trucks) , and other potential damages.
* Concrete flooring that has been polished is easier on tires, which means if you drive cars, trucks, or even forklifts on the flooring, the tires will not wear down as easy as they would if they were used on other materials, allowing you to need replacement tires less often.
* Increased slip resistance, Though very shiny, polished concrete does not create a slippery floor. In fact, grinding and flattening the floor will increase the coefficient of friction when compared to ordinary concrete. Polished concrete often exceeds OSHA standards for floors (ASTM C 1028).